IMG_6846

[Easy Money-Saving Rice Bowl That Can Be Used as Food Rescue]

When you go to the supermarket, do you ever find minced meat cutlets or croquettes on sale? It might seem like preaching to the choir for those skilled in cooking, but I'd like to introduce a simple rice bowl recipe that makes use of them.

While the frozen rice is defrosting in the microwave for 5 minutes, place the cut-up minced meat cutlet and onion in a Nakamura Douki's Oyako Pan, add 100ml of water and about 55ml of double concentrated mentsuyu, cover and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, flip the minced meat cutlet. In the same measuring cup you used earlier, crack two eggs, lightly mix them, and first pour about 80% of the beaten eggs into the parent-child pot. Cover it and simmer for 30 seconds. During this time, prepare a bowl of rice. Then, add the remaining 20% of the beaten eggs, cover, and simmer for 10 seconds. It's ready in just a few minutes.

If you turn off the heat 10 seconds before you are ready to let the rice cook a little more, you will get a nice fluffy texture. Please give it a try.

Nakamura Douki's Oyako Pan
https://www.shokunin.com/en/nakamuradouki/oyako.html
Seiryugama's Donburi
https://www.shokunin.com/en/seiryu/donburi.html