1

2

3

4

[Sonobe Sangyo's Risu Bowl and Risu Plate have been added]

Sonobe Sangyo's vessels are 99.9% made from hardwoods such as cherry and zelkova, which are hard and suitable for tableware, valuing their durability as daily necessities. The remaining 0.1% is made from softwoods.

Risu Bowl and Risu Plate made from thinned cypress are conifers, which are softwoods. Conifers are soft because of the low density of the wood cells. The softness of the wood can be felt through the plump and chunky design.

Take the Hakone Tozan Railway from Odawara to Hakone-Yumoto, Tonosawa, and Miyanoshita, and the deep mountains on your right are the Odawara Forest. There, in the quiet and refreshing coniferous forest, bowls and plates like those used by squirrels in their daily lives were made from the cypress that is left over from thinning and grooming.

Carefully crafted bowls and plates by Odawara artisans, filled with a yearning for the forest, are a perfect accompaniment to vegetables and focaccia with delicious olive oil. With your favorite cup or wine. Nuts, cheese, and even soup. The Risu Plate can be used for cakes and cookies or as a teapot stand.

No pressure, no waste, until it returns to the soil. This vessel is filled with Sonobe Sangyo's desire to use thinned wood until the very end.

Sonobe Sangyo's Risu Bowl and Risu Plate
https://www.shokunin.com/en/sonobe/risu.html